AlphaGraphics in the Cultural District is always looking for enthusiastic team-players to join our growing company.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.
DeveloperPosted July 19, 2017
AlphaGraphics in the Cultural District is seeking a Developer to support the company’s efforts in automating online ordering and marketing campaigns for our clients/prospects. This includes integrating the interface of these orders/projects into our production IT systems and commercial printers. This position is responsible for growing our digital marketing products to improve cycle times and enhance customer experience. The goal is to make it easy for our customers/prospects to do business with us while growing their profits and streamlining the workflow required to get the projects done and delivered.
The Developer interfaces with sales, production, and most importantly, with the customer/prospect, in helping everyone benefit from the available Online tools. The Developer creates web-to-print solutions such as Online sites, marketing campaigns, training videos, how to documentation, and handles configuration & maintenance. The Developer also assists with sales proposals and sales support as they relate to the capability and usability of Online tools.
• Be responsible for the management, development, and maintenance of workflow automation solutions that support LEAN manufacturing principles across all departments.
• Troubleshoot and implement solutions to workflow issues identified by the Quality Standard Program (QSP).
• Serve as key player in the research and development of new digital marketing products and the technologies needed to support them.
• Maintain strong knowledge of business structure, technology infrastructure platforms, existing technologies, business applications, and future technologies to effectively facilitate collaboration within each department.
• Ability to run database queries.
• Contribute to customer database management and mailing services file setup.
• Help define and manage detailed tactical and execution roadmaps for the strategic vision of business solutions.
• Attend client meetings, serving as a technical resource to sales and marketing teams.
• Set up and maintain customer ecommerce websites.
• Execute variable, multi-channel communication campaigns.
• Prepare files for digital, offset and large-format printing.
• Assist in the training of co-workers and customers regarding digital file acceptance and other software or technical issues.
• Support maintenance of business information technology systems.
• Assist with digital file backup and archiving systems.
• Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Acrobat and InDesign
• Prior variable data processing (VDP) programming experience (XMPie, Pageflex, Fusion Pro, Planet Press, or other)
• Strong IT and computer skills
• Knowledge of printing production workflow
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong problem solver
• Strong thirst for learning and solving problems
• Is self-directed and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Well organized and has attention to detail
• Possess a “Can Do” positive attitude
Position "Nice To Haves":
• Experienced in graphic design and pre-press
• Variable data print programming
• Experienced in XMPie software and languages (uStore, uCreate, uProduce, uPlan, Qlingo)
• Knowledge of printing production workflow
• General knowledge of USPS regulations and guidelines
• General knowledge or experience with postal presorting software (Satori, BCC, Postalsoft, etc.) using presorted mailing lists in accordance with USPS regulations
• Will train the right person.
• Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year
• Microsoft Excel 3+ years
• Database Management 3+ years
Production OperationsPosted March 6, 2017
We are currently interviewing for the following full-time positions in our production department:
- Assistant Production Manager
- Quality Control Production Specialist
- Operations Staff
- Shipping Specialist
Ideal applicants would possess a strong commitment to quality control and meeting or exceeding internal and client expectations at every turn. These positions may also assist with scheduling workflow, LEAN manufacturing workflow, inventory control, material purchasing, and supporting cross-departmental communication, shipping coordination, and other production type functions.
Previous production or production workflow experience a must. This is the perfect role for an experienced professional that enjoys detail management, process development, and a hands-on environment while enjoying a fast-paced, growing, culture driven team.
Required experience: 2 years Production Management
Required license or certification: Valid Driver's License
Inside Sales/Account ManagerPosted January 11, 2017
The ideal candidate is hungry to succeed and willing to work as part of a high-performing team on complex client solutions that help our clients achieve their goals. Clients range from local non-profits, to universities to large corporations in the Pittsburgh region. Projects range from stationery packets to ongoing multi-channel digital marketing campaigns - all in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities primarily include managing Key Accounts client experience and ways to grow and develop further business and partnerships. Listening to clients needs and creative solutions to meet their needs and goals.
By nature of the business, deadlines are tight and the expectation to closely manage and oversee projects through every stage of production – design, marketing, and print – is critical.
Ideal candidates should be self-disciplined, open to training, friendly, and very organized. Knowledge of or willingness to learn salesforce.com as well as custom project management software is a must. Customer service experience is a must, but willing to discuss upon interview.
Please email your resume with cover letter for consideration.